Friday, May 18, 2018

Last-Chance Products: Cool Treats

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   A couple of years ago, I was chosen to be a display stamper at one of Stampin' Up's events. It was my first time being chosen and I was thrilled at the prospect. When you are a display stamper, Stampin' Up sends you products from an upcoming catalog release before anyone else gets hold of them and you make samples with these items for the displays at the event. I thought it would be fun and I always like to be one of the first to know about anything. And it was fun--but it was also daunting. In the end, I made some great samples that I was very proud of, and just like childbirth, I forgot the associated pain and volunteered to do it again this spring. This time, however, it was less daunting and more fun. I'll volunteer again (and again) if Stampin' Up will have me!

That first time, I was sent the "Cool Treats" stamp set and matching Frozen Treats Framelits.  The framelits were so new, that I just received a cello bag with them inside--no nice packaging. I didn't care because it was new and exciting. 

I've used that set and the framelits lots of times in the couple of years it's been in the catalog. I've made some pretty cute cards with it (if I do say so myself), including this one. I didn't want to let it retire without using it one last time. I actually had a few "card parts" in with the bag o'framelits that I used to make the Very Vanilla Card Stock ice cream scoops and Early Espresso Ink-on-Whisper White Cardstock chocolate topping! I cut two Crumb Cake cones and Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red, and Bermuda Bay sprinkles.

To build the card, I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I stamped a sentiment from the "Cool Treats" stamp set in Bermuda Bay at the bottom. Then I adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist mat and then onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Bermuda Bay mat. I wrapped a length of (retiring) Lemon Lime Twist Mini Striped Ribbon around this before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock Card Base.

Next, I cut a Whisper White circle with a Stitched Shapes Framelit and a Lemon Lime Twist scalloped circle with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I adhered these to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered the ice cream cone parts to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, too--all except the sprinkles, which I adhered the sprinkles with Fine-Tip Glue.

If you want to make some fun ice cream cards, you'll have to act fast before the "Cool Treats" stamp set and Frozen Treats Framelits retire! REMINDER: retiring stamp sets will only be guaranteed to be available until May 25. All other products are NOT guaranteed and are only available while supplies last. ALL retiring items will be discontinued after May 31.

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment