Monday, April 2, 2018

Pretty Poodle

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   With all the excitement of new mini catalogs and Sale-a-Bration, we sometimes forget that there are wonderful products in the annual catalog! One of the first sets I got from the catalog was the "Birthday Delivery" set. It's adorable! I love the whimsical images in this set--they're reminiscent of some of my favorite childhood books and advertisements. And the coordinating Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper is so colorful and fun!

I've been thinking about this poodle for quite some time. He reminds me of a Dr. Seuss character. Now that I have Stampin' Blends Markers (available again at the end of May), I actually almost like to color. I know! For this guy, I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock piece.  I used Light and Dark Crumb Cake Stampin' Blend Markers and the Light Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blend for his bow. I cut him out with a square Stitched Shape Framelit. Then, in a burst of inspiration, I used the Light Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend to color in the background--just like the DSP! Lookie!!
I adhered him to a scalloped Cherry Cobbler Card Stock mat that I cut with one of the Layering Squares Framelits.

Next, I stamped the same poodle image in Crumb Cake Ink randomly onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Crumb Cake mat. I adhered a 1-1/2" by 5" strip of Birthday Memories DSP and wrapped a length of Cherry Cobbler Double Stitched Ribbon around before adhering everything to a Cherry Cobbler Card Stock card base.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "Birthday Delivery" set in Cherry Cobbler onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch. I tucked this under the ribbon, adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Isn't this just the cutest card? IKR?!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment