Thursday, March 22, 2018

Springtime Colors

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Spring played a little joke on us here in Maryland. Here's what the first day of spring looked like! I am so NOT complaining! I LOVE snow and I was disappointed that we hadn't had a good snowfall this year. I was very pleasantly surprised and grateful. And most of it has melted as of this evening!

View from my back deck #nofilter #fullcolor
But even with a surprise snow storm, springtime is here and I'm ready for some spring colors. I saw a card over on Teneale Williams's blog that I just fell in love with and used it for my inspiration. Teneale is such a beautiful artist! My cards pale in comparison, but they were fun to make nevertheless!

I had some leftover 2-1/4" by 2-1/4" Petal Passion Designer Series Paper pieces that I was saving for the perfect project.  When I saw Teneale's card with the white space colored in Pool Party I was amazed! I used the Light Pool Party Stampin' Blend to color in my background, but I didn't stop with coloring just the leaves with Light & Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends like Teneale did--just kept on coloring! This card uses Light Rich Razzleberry, Light Calypso Coral, Light Pink Pirouette, and Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.
I adhered my DSP piece to a 2-1/2" Basic Black Card Stock Square and then added a 2-1/2" by 1" strip of black and white striped DSP from the same set. I tied on a length of Soft Sky Classic Weave Ribbon and set this aside while I built the rest of my card.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I adhered this to a Pool Party Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Picture Perfect Birthday" stamp set in Pool Party onto a Whisper White piece and cut it out with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I adhered this piece to a scalloped Basic Black Card Stock circle that I cut with another of the Layering Circles Framelits.

I adhered the colored DSP element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and then added the sentiment piece, also with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I had so much fun coloring the first DSP piece that I colored another with Light Cherry Cobbler, Pink Pirouette, Calypso Coral and Old Olive Stampin' Blends. And of course I filled in the "white" space with the Light Pool Party Stampin' Blend.
Go visit Teneale's blog. You will be amazed and inspired!








 
Product List

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment