Friday, February 23, 2018

Wonderful Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Have you ever fallen in love with a stamp set or a designer series paper and started imagining all the beautiful projects you would make? Sure you have! I do it, too, of course. But sometimes when your order arrives and you have everything in your hot little hands, your creative mind just shuts down. Or, you are overwhelmed and can't seem to focus in on just how to get started. 

That happened to me with the Sweet Soiree Suite. I. Had. To. Have. It. And when I had it, I had absolutely NO idea what to do with it. I perused Pinterest and SplitcoastStampers and I pinned away, but I couldn't settle on a design. I think because some of the stamps have "busy" elements to them and the Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper is also "busy"--though stunningly gorgeous--that I couldn't wrap my mind around putting the two together. But I did find a clean and simple layout I liked and thought I could work with, so I plunged in.

This card really is easy to make! I started by stamping the cake in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I cut it out with the matching Sweet Cake Framelits Die and used my Dark and Light Old Olive and Dark and Light Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends to color in the images. (When my Dark and Light Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends arrive, I'll probably add that to the flowers.)

To build the card, I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel onto which I'd stamped a sentiment from the "Cake Soiree" stamp set in Berry Burst Ink. I adhered a 3-3/4" by 1-1/2" strip of Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Berry Burst Card Stock mat and then wrapped a length of Berry Burst Metallic-Edge Ribbon around before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I added the cake with Stampin' Dimensionals and I used a Glue Dot to add a Powder Pink Card Stock Bow that I cut with one of the Sweet Cake Framelits.

We'll be making this card at my birthday card stamp-a-stack in March. If you're local to me, contact me and I'll send you the details. If you're a long-distance customer, contact me and I'll help you get set up with the products you need to make this card yourself--or just click on the pictures below and you'll be taken to my online store. Don't forget that for every $50 you spend, you can choose a FREE level 1 Sale-a-Bration product, too!








 
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment