Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Heartfelt Thoughts

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #saleabration2018   Last weekend, I attended a workshop given by one of my team members. She signed up last year for the "no-strings-attached bundle"* and she's still going strong as a demonstrator! I'm so proud of her and I wanted to support her efforts over the last year and visit with her and her customers, who are my friends, too! Darlene designed three cards for us to make and I thought the were so fabulous that I wanted to share them with my blog readers, too!

First up is a card made with the "Heartfelt Blooms" stamp set that you can earn FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration. I have a little confession to make--my card is a bit different than the one that Darlene designed because I used a different sentiment and then didn't have room for the floral image. Doh! But as we always say: "There are no stampin' mistakes. There are only stampin' opportunities." So I didn't assemble my card at the workshop. I brought it home to see what I could do to make it work.
No matter how I cut the card stock or rotated the image, I couldn't use the square element that Darlene planned because it would have hidden the sentiment. So, I used the Layering Ovals Framelits to cut out the image. I adhered it to a Basic Black scalloped mat cut with another of the Layering Ovals Framelits.

Since I added some Basic Black to the design, I used some more black elements--Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon and a 3-3/4" by 5" Basic Black Card Stock mat. We had already used the Softly Falling Embossing Folder on the top half our Whisper White panel, but I cut that down to 3-7/8" by 5-1/8". I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the oval element to the card.

If you're wondering--the card base is Blushing Bride Card Stock and the floral image and sentiment are stamped in Blushing Bride Ink.

*The no-strings-attached bundle is the best deal during Sale-a-Bration. Sign up to be a demonstrator for only $99 and you will receive  your choice of up to $125 in products (that’s $26 in free products) and the kit ships free for another 10% savings.  You can include items from the Occasions Catalog as well as Annual Catalog in your kit.  (Sale-A-Bration rewards do not apply to the $99 Starter Kit purchase.) BONUS!  CHOOSE TWO FREE STAMP SETS (any price) when you join during Sale-A-Bration.  That’s up to an additional $101 value! Sign up with me on line here during Sale-A-Bration (now-March 31) to get up to $225 in Stampin' Up product for only $99!!  Then you can enjoy 20-25% off Stampin' Up products on subsequent orders from the day you join through at least July 31, 2018.  You can drop at the end of July with no penalty! But, you may just want to keep your demonstratorship. Contact me with any questions, or click on the "join my team" link above for more information.










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment