Thursday, February 22, 2018

Berry Happy Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Wasn't yesterday's berry basket just the cutest thing? Well, how about a card to go along with it? Today's card is inspired by another card I saw at Stampin' Up's OnStage event and it was too cute not to make one of my own. And it's so easy to do with Stampin' Up's cute-as-a-button Tutti-Frutti Suite of products!

I cut two 4-1/4" by 1-3/4" pieces of the berries pattern piece of the Tutti-Frutt 6"x6" Designer Series Paper Stack. I cut two 4-1/4" by 1/2" strips of the Lemon Lime Twist grid-pattern piece of Tutti-Frutti DSP. I adhered the Lemon Lime Twist strips to the berry strips and then adhered one piece to the top of a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base and one piece to the bottom. I stamped the sentiment from the "Fresh Fruit" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto the card base, just above the bottom strip of DSP.

Next, I stamped seven strawberries from the "Fresh Fruit" stamp set onto a Whisper White Card Stock strip. The berries are stamped in Real Red Ink and the stems are stamped in Emerald Envy Ink. I punched the strawberries out with the matching strawberry punch from the Itty Bitty Fruit Punch Pack.

I stamped the outline of the bowl in Night of Navy Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and then filled it in with Lemon Lime Twist Ink using the "filler" stamp. I fussy cut the bowl with my Paper Snips. I used three Stampin' Dimensionals along the bottom of the bowl to adhere it to the card, leaving the top open. I adhered three of the strawberries to the card with Glue Dots, tucking each one into the bowl. I adhered three more strawberries with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, tucking them into the bowl as I went along. I adhered the final strawberry to the outside of the bowl with a Mini Stampin' Dimensional. I tied a knot in the center of a 3" piece of 1/4" Whisper White Organza Ribbon and adhered it to the bowl with a Glue Dot.

We'll be making this card at my birthday card stamp-a-stack in March. If you're local to me, let me know if you'd like to come and I'll send you details. If you're a long-distance customer, contact me and we can work out getting you all the fabulous products to make this card--and you might even earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration set, too!

 


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment