Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Holiday Goodie Bags

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Back in November, I had a table at a local craft show. I have tons of cards and other paper crafts that need to find good homes, so I do one craft show a year. My hope is to interest new people to the joy of paper crafting by introducing them to Stampin' Up's fabulous line of products.

I met a wonderful woman who loved my creations and bought several items. She recently reached out to me to ask me if I could make some holiday goodie bags for a party she was giving. I was happy to do so! And very pleased that she liked my work enough to ask me to make something especially for her!

I had several sheets of the beautiful Year of Cheer Specialty Series Paper and several gold and silver Foil Snowflakes that I thought would make some pretty bags. I also had to use one of the gold sheets from the Eastern Palace Specialty Series Papers. I designed one bag as a sample and she ordered 10 bags!

I started with a 10" by 6" piece of DSP and used the Gift Bag Punch Board to make a small gift bag. I tied on some Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon to close the bag. Then I stamped a sentiment from the "Festive Phrases" stamp set in Versamark onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. I cut this out with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered it to a Basic Black Card Stock scallop circle cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I attached this to a large gold paper clip using Stampin' Dimensionals. I punched a 2" Circle of Whisper White Card Stock and adhered it to the gold Foil Snowflake to give it some stability. I adhered this to the back side of the embossed image. I think this bag turned out rather cute, if I do say so myself (and I do)!

I made a variety of bags in gold and silver. I also used a sentiment from the "Watercolor Christmas" stamp set. Here are all the bags.
My new friend was pleased with these bags as well--so pleased that she ordered a Punch Board and lots of other goodies. I'm looking forward to stamping with her soon!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment