Monday, October 9, 2017

Peaceful Sparkles

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of my favorite stampers is Ilina Crouse over at the Creativity Within blog. She is simply amazing--you need to head on over there and check out her artwork. I promise, you will be so glad you did!

When Stampin' Up released the "Carols of Christmas" stamp set in August and we could get it early, loads of demonstrators got it and the matching Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies and they started posting all their awesome cards. Ilina posted a card that was so gorgeous, I knew I would CASE it and that we'd be making it at one of the Christmas card making classes. Look at this beautiful card!!!
It's so easy to make with the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies. Here's how. I started with a Night of Navy Card Stock card base and added a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" mat of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Then I took a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Night of Navy Card Stock and placed the nighttime thinlit at the top and the three trees near the bottom and ran it through the Big Shot. So easy and so awesome. Adhering card stock to glimmer paper can be tricky, so I used some strategically placed glue dots at the top and on the bottom corners and that seems to have done the trick.

Next, I stamped the "peace on earth" sentiment from the "Carols of Christmas" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto a Whisper White Card Stock piece and cut it out with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
See those little hearts? They're the "droppings" from the nighttime framelit. I used a tiny drop of Fine-Tip Glue and dropped those little hearts in place. I think that was the perfect finishing touch!!











Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment