Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Little Pink Houses

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Remember when John Mellencamp was John Cougar? I remember listening to his early music and thinking that he is the quintessential American rock star. He told stories about growing up in middle America. I really loved--and still do love--his music, no matter what he calls himself.  This card reminds me of one of his songs: "Pink Houses." You might not think that's so Christmas-y, but it is. Wait 'til you see!

I started by using the Hometown Greetings Framelits to cut out a Blushing Bride scene. I used a Sweet & Sassy Framelit to cut a heart from some Whisper White Card Stock. I adhered the scene to the heart with Mono Multi Glue and trimmed off the extra card stock.

Next, I embossed half a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat.  I wrapped two lengths of Basic Black Striped Baker's Twine around this before adhering it to a Blushing Bride Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Hearts Come Home" stamp set--which comes in a bundle with the Hometown Greetings Framelits--in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I punched this out with the Pretty Label Punch. 

I adhered the heart and the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. And for a finishing touch, I added three Black Rhinestones. I LOVE THOSE SO MUCH!!! (YES, I AM SHOUTING!!!) See?!

Yep! Those little pink houses are pretty enough for Christmas, don't ya think?












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment