Monday, October 23, 2017

Halloween Treats

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   My youngest kids are in their first year of college. They're halfway across the country from me. I kind of miss them, but I'm glad that they're having new experiences, learning new things, meeting new people. But I don't want them to forget about me and how often I'm thinking of them. This will be the first Halloween without them either handing out candy or trying to squeak in one last round of trick-or-treating (or, let's be honest, holed up in their rooms). So, what better way to say, "I miss you and Happy Halloween" than to send a care package full of candy!

I love the big, bold images in the "Festive Phrases" stamp set. There's an image for practically every fall and winter holiday. The Halloween stamp is super fun. I stamped the image in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a 2" by 4" strip of Whisper White Card Stock. I used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to make it into a tag and I rounded the other end with the Envelope Punch Board corner rounder.  I colored in the dots with a Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker. And I added a Berry Burst Glimmer Enamel Dot and two Black Rhinestones.
I don't have any Halloween Designer Series Paper, so I used what I had, which is Naturally Eclectic. I adhered a 2" strip of this DSP around the stack of candy bars and added a 1/2" strip of Basic Black to make it more Halloween-y. I used about a yard of Berry Burst 5/8" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon to tie the tag onto the stack of candy bars.

I made enough treat stacks for my daughter and her three suite-mates and my son and his roommate. The package has already arrived and BOTH kids texted me to tell me thanks!
Can't wait to see my kiddos at Thanksgiving! Just a few more weeks...










 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment