Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Fall Still Life

#stampinup     #faithfulinkspirations   Have you ever paged through the Stampin' Up catalog and found a stamp set or embellishment that you'd missed the first dozen times you looked? I do that all the time. In the current catalog, I've practically overlooked all the cool background stamps we offer. I know they're there, but I just flip on by. And then I see a card where someone has used a background stamp and I take another look.

Today's card uses the Burlap Background Stamp that I've overlooked, oh, I can't tell you how many times! I think it's used to great effect in this card that we made at the Proverbial Stampers get together.
We started by stamping a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock using the Burlap Background Stamp and Crumb Cake Ink. I stamped this image off to the side a bit so that the fringed edges would show. We adhered this to an Early Espresso Card Stock card base.

Next, we stamped several images from the "Pick a Pumpkin" stamp set onto a 2-5/8" Very Vanilla square cut with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits. We used Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, and Old Olive Ink. We also stamped another Tangerine Tango pumpkin onto a Very Vanilla scrap and cut it out with the matching Patterned Pumpkins Thinlit Die. We adhered this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

We stamped a sentiment from the "Thoughtful Banners" set in Early Espresso onto an Old Olive strip and punched it out with the Modern Label Punch. We adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, we tied a bow into a length of Linen Thread and adhered it to the card with a Glue Dot. 

What a nice, fall-themed thank you note this turned out to be!!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment