Monday, July 31, 2017

Best Daisy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love to use Stampin' Up's Designer Series Papers on my cards. The designs are so pretty and it helps me to develop a color scheme.  The Delightful Daisy DSP is no exception! The DSP packages list the colors used, but sometimes there's another color sneaking in there. I saw a similar card to mine on Pinterest and the designer used Smoky Slate and it was gorgeous, so I had to CASE it!
I started with a 1-1/2" by 5-1/2" strip of the Delightful Daisy DSP. I adhered this to a 1-3/4" by 5-1/2" strip of Daffodil Delight Card Stock. I wrapped a length of Daffodil Delight Double-Stitched Ribbon around this piece before adhering it to a Smoky Slate Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the daisy from the "Daisy Delight" stamp set twice in Daffodil Delight Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched them out with the Daisy Punch. I curled the petals with my bone folder, adhered the two pieces together with a couple of Glue Dots, and then adhered the daisy to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional. I popped a large Clear Faceted Gem onto the center of the daisy. 

I stamped the leaves' outlines from the "Daisy Delight" stamp set in Smoky Slate Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. Then I filled them in with another stamp from this same set in Old Olive and Tranquil Tide, stamped off once. I fussy cut these with my Paper Snips and tucked them behind the daisy, adhering them with Glue Dots.

Finally I stamped a sentiment from the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set in Tranquil Tide onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with a Stitched Shapes Framelit. I cut a Tranquil Tide scalloped circle from one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I adhered this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and finished it by adding a medium Clear Faceted Gem.














Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment