Tuesday, July 18, 2017

A Peachy Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm head over heels in love with the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper. I love the bold colors and patterns and the fact that Basic Black is in the mix.  I love me some Basic Black!!
Today's card is really simple and quick to make, too! I started with a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Pool Party mat. On top of that I layered a 3" by 3-7/8" piece of Whole Lot of Lovely DSP at the top (peaches) and a 2-1/2" by 3-7/8" piece of DSP at the bottom (flowers). I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon at the seam between these two pieces and adhered everything to a Basic Black Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the "Stylized Birthday" stamp in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with one of the larger Layering Circles Framelits. I backed this with a Tranquil Tide scalloped circle mat, also cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I added this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and BAM! Done! Cute, huh?

I think next time I make this card, I might sub out the Basic Black Archival Ink and use Tranquil Tide Ink instead. Oh! And maybe use Tranquil Tide 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon instead of the Basic Black. What do you think?













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment