Sunday, June 18, 2017

Shopping Goals

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #GDP091   It's been a while since I've played along with a stamping challenge blog. Playing along with challenges is a way to give a spark to your creativity.  Today I have a card for the Global Design Project theme challenge of "wheels." 

I thought this would be a great challenge to play in, until I took a look at my stamp sets and there is a dearth of wheeled images. Now, Stampin' Up has plenty of stamp sets that you could use--but I don't own them (yet).  I looked and looked and, lo and behold, there's a little shopping cart (trolley) in the "Tabs for Everything" set! When I say "little," I mean little!!
I find that when I have a tiny image, using a smaller card--like a 3" by 3" love note or a 5" by 3-1/2" note card--helps with the space problem.  So I started with a 4-1/2" by 3" Whisper White panel and I randomly stamped the scalloped circle image from "Tabs for Everything" in Lemon Lime Twist and Night of Navy onto it. Next, I added the panel to a 4-5/8" by 3-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist mat and wrapped a length of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon around the pieces before adding them to a Whisper White note card.

I stamped the little shopping cart in Night of Navy onto a Whisper White scrap and added the Lemon Lime Twist scalloped circle. I punched this out with the 3/4" Circle Punch.  I stamped the words "shopping goals"--two individual images from the "Tabs for Everything" set--in Night of Navy onto a 1" strip of Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock that I'd flagged with the Banner Triple Punch. I adhered the banner directly to the card and added the shopping cart to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional.

I made a quick gift card holder inside the card. I started with a 4-5/8" by 2" piece of Lemon Lime Twist Card stock. I punched a divot in the center with the Classic Label Punch--twice across. Then ran the piece through the Big Shot with the Sparkle Embossing folder. I used Foam Adhesive Strips to attached the holder to the card. Easy-peasy!
Thanks for stopping by to check out my creations!


 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment