Thursday, April 27, 2017

Sweet Mother's Day Card

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I really, really, really liked a card that the Stampin' Up homepage featured recently and that uses one of my favorite sets from the Occasions catalog, "Oh So Succulent."  I knew I could modify the card just a little bit and make a mother's day card for my wonderful mother-in-law.  The original card was made by Charlet Mallet.

For my card, I started by stamping the larger flower outlines in Rich Razzleberry Ink onto Whisper White scraps and filling them in with Blushing Bride Ink. The two-step stamps make this so easy! I also stamped a smaller flower with this color combo. I stamped a solid small flower and a trailing succulent in Blushing Bride as well.  Next, I stamped a couple succulent element outlines in Garden Green Ink and filled them in with Mint Macaron Ink. I used the Succulent Framelits Dies to cut out all the elements.

Next, I used the Polka Dot Embossing Folder to emboss a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Blushing Bride Card Stock which I then adhered to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Mint Macaron Card Stock.  I tied a length of Thick Whisper White Baker's Twine around these pieces before adhering them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I cut a swirly scribble from a piece of Mint Macaron Card Stock using one of the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies. I adhered a Delicate White Doily to the card front with Snail Adhesive and then adhered the scribble on top, using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the flower elements to the card.

I stamped the sentiment in Whisper White Craft Ink onto a 1/2" strip of Basic Black Card Stock. I sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder and embossed the sentiment with my Heat Tool. I flagged the end with my Paper Snips and adhered the strip to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Many of the items I used in this card are retiring at the end of May; I highlighted them in red text.  Accessories are only available while supplies last, so you need to hurry if you want to add these items to your tool kit! But the good news is that some of the items are on sale. I've updated the prices in the links below!


Product List
Oh So Succulent Photopolymer Stamp Set
[142992]
   was $21.00     now $15.75
Mint Macaron 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
[138337]
      was $8.00       now $6.40
Succulent Framelits Dies
[142757]
    was $33.00     now $16.50
Whisper White Thick Baker's Twine
[141688]
     was $3.50       now $2.45
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

1 comment: