Monday, April 24, 2017

Have You Seen It? Wowza!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #paperpumpkin   #asarathing   Wow! The April 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit is amazing! I'm not kidding! Stampin' Up's CEO Sara Douglass designed the kit and it's edgy and sassy--just like her.

I'm a follow-the-directions kind of girl most of the time and I loved the cards from this kit just the way they were designed so I didn't do an alternate project.  I have to admit, I was a little intimidated because they use watercolor pencils and I'm not very comfortable with my lack of skill yet. BUT I watched the video and Sara shows you how to make these cards, step-by-step.  Here's how my cards turned out.

I really like the coordinating envelopes! That really brings all the design elements together!
Don't you just love those jeweled flower accents?!

The Basic Black splatters and striped washi tape are fun elements!
Here's a little secret for this card.  The "A Sara Thing" stamp set has "mom," "dad," "teacher," to pair up with "best." I just wanted a generic card so I used a stamp from the "Holly Berry Happiness" stamp set and just inked up the word "wishes" with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. 

Here's the video with Sara showing you how to put together this kit. Unfortunately, you have to be a Paper Pumpkin subscriber to get in all the fun...and the April 2017 kit has already been shipped. But good news for you! You can subscribe today and be sure to get the May 2017 kit. I know you don't want to miss out on these fun, monthly kits. Just click on the button on the left side of my blog and you can sign right up! Or contact me and I can help you subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment