Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Busy as a Bee

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When Stampin' Up revealed the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set and matching framelits, everyone just loved it.  I loved it, too, but I really had to have the set because of the awesome bumble bee stamp and framelit.  I don't know what it is, but I really love bees--on cards, not so much IRL if they're buzzing around trying to sting me.

I'm heading to the OnStage Local event in Richmond, Virginia, this weekend, and I've joined in an organized swap.  I needed to make some quick and pretty cards to swap with other stampers and I settled on this design.  Isn't the bee adorable?!
I'm really sad that the 2015-2017 In Colors are retiring in June, but I'm looking forward to 5 new colors! I would have used Delightful Dijon on this card, but since I wanted the recipient to be able to use it as an example into the new catalog period, I used So Saffron instead.  I haven't used that color in a while, but I think I need to pull it out now that spring is here!

I stamped a sentiment from "Dragonfly Dreams" in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" So Saffron Card Stock panel.  I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat.  Next, I wrapped some Basic Black Baker's Twine three times around the panels and tied on a bow before adhering everything to a So Saffron card base.

I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut a circle of So Saffron and the Layering Circles to cut a scalloped circle of Basic Black.  Then I embossed the So Saffron circle with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I adhered these two circles together with Fast Fuse Adhesive and then attached them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I cut a bunch of little bees from Basic Black Card Stock scraps with the bee framelit from the Detailed Dragonfly Framelits dies. I adhered the bee to the circle with a Glue Dot.

For a finishing touch, I added three Basic Rhinestone Embellishments to the card.  

I can't wait to see what I get in return for these swaps.  I'll be sure to share some with you next week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment