Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Birthday Wishes: Take Two

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #saleabration2017   With yesterday's card, I introduced you to the "Avant Garden" stamp set that you can earn for FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration.  That card was bright and pretty in two shades of purple.  Today's card is just as pretty, but it uses a more subtle color combination:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Blushing Bride.

I started by stamping the flower from "Avant Garden" in Crumb Cake Ink across a 5-1/4" by 4" Crumb Cake panel.  I also added some sprinkles in Crumb Cake Ink from the same set.  I wrapped a length of Gold Metallic Ribbon--another SAB item!--around the panel before using Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere it to a Crumb Cake card base.

Next, I cut a Lace Doily in half and slipped it under the ribbon, adhering it at the top.  I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake onto a 1" strip of Very Vanilla and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch.  I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, for a sweet detail,  I punched a Blushing Bride butterfly with the Elegant Butterfly Punch and added it to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional.  Then, I added a row of small Basic Pearl Embellishments. So sweet!

I love the contrast between these two cards--same stamp set, but completely different looks when you use a different color palette and mix up the embellishments.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment