Monday, February 6, 2017

A Monster Valentine

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Every year during Sale-a-Bration, my BFF, Lynn, hosts a blow-out stamp camp.  We create 5 stepped up project for our stamping guests.  (We had 24 this year!!)  Lynn makes her famous chicken corn tortilla soup and corn bread and we have chocolate everywhere.  You know it's a rule that you can't stamp without chocolate, right?

For my first project, I used the super cute "Yummy In My Tummy" stamp set from the Occasions catalog.  I fell in love with that set as soon as I saw it.  I gravitate toward the quirky sets--especially when I know I can use them for all kinds of occasions and all kinds of techniques.  My valentine monster treat bag is quick and easy to make.

I stamped the large monster in Versamark onto a quarter sheet of Real Red Card Stock.  I sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with the Heat Tool.  Then I fussy cut him with my Paper Snips.  I used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch to punch out the hole in his tummy.

Next, I wrapped 6 pieces of Hershey’s® Chocolate Nuggets in 1" by 3" strips of Sending Love Designer Series Paper and placed them into a 2" by 8" cello bag, tying it at the top with 10" of Real Red Ribbon from the Sending Love Ribbon Combo Pack.

I stamped the word "hugs" in Real Red Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch.  I adhered the monster to the cello bag with Stampin' Dimensionals which I also used to adhere the heart to the monster. 

See? Quick and easy and ever so cute, don't you think?! 


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment