Thursday, January 19, 2017

Welcome Baby Bear!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I learned a new way to make a gift card holder at the Proverbial Stampers gathering in the fall.  I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.  Fortunately for me, there are several young women at my church who are having babies!  (Better them than me!!)

This card is super easy to make.  Start with your standard 5-1/5" by 4-1/4" half sheet of card stock.  Score it and then cut one side in half. Like this.  See?  It's simple!!


For my card, I started with a sheet of Pool Party Card Stock and cut and scored it according to the template.  Next, I cut two 4-1/8" by 2-1/4" pieces of Calypso Coral Card Stock and two 3-7/8" by 2-1/8" pieces of A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper and I adhered them to the top and bottom of the front of the card.  I stamped the "welcome, baby" sentiment from the "Badges and Banners" stamp set in Calypso Coral onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Duet Banner Punch.  The banner is adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the bear from the "Cookie Cutter Christmas" set in Pool Party onto a Whisper White scrap and added Early Espresso facial features.  I punched him out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.  Then, I used the Layering Ovals Framelits to cut a Whisper White oval and the just larger scalloped framelit to cut out the Calypso Coral mat.  I aligned the bear's ears and stamped them onto the Whisper White oval and then adhered the bear.  Finally, I stamped the bear's bow tie in Calypso Coral onto a Calypso Coral scrap and used the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch to punch it out.  I adhered the bow with a glue dot.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the oval to just the top portion of the card--because the bottom is the gift card holder!!

I used Fast Fuse Adhesive to adhere the bottom flap to the card.  The sentiment inside is from the "B.Y.O.P." stamp set and is stamped in Basic Gray Archival ink.  Because this is a photopolymer set, I could line up two stamps on one block and see exactly where to place the sentiment!

So cute!  And so simple!  This gift card came together in no time at all!
 

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment