Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Birthday Blast!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love Stampin' Up's birthday stamp sets--have I mentioned that?  I especially love them when they come with coordinating framelits.  The "Birthday Blast" bundle in the Occasions catalog is so much fun to work with!

I needed a card for a friend who is also a Stampin' Up demonstrator, so I knew I needed to step up my game!  For this card, I used a Night of Navy Card Stock card base, a 5-1/8" by 3-7/8" Emerald Envy mat, and a 5" by 3-3/4" Whisper White panel.  I stamped the large starburst image in Night of Navy Ink onto the Whisper White panel.

Next, I used the Star Blast Edgelit Die to cut the star blast image from Silver Glimmer Paper.  I adhered the bottom strip of the die cut to the card using Fast Fuse Adhesive.  I find that Fast Fuse works best to adhere our glimmer paper. 

I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment--don't you love that font?!--in Night of Navy onto a 3-1/2" by 1-3/4" piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  I adhered this to a 3-3/4" by 1-7/8" piece of Emerald Envy Card Stock and added it to the bottom of the card.  I wrapped a length of 1/8" Emerald Envy Taffeta Ribbon around the bottom of the glimmer element before adhering everything to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I used Glue Dots to adhere the stars (left over from the die cutting) onto the sentiment panel.  Cute, huh?

But wait! There's more!  I don't normally do "innies" for my cards, but since I had to add a Whisper White panel inside the card so I could sign it, I decided to do something special inside the card, too!

I stamped the "celebrate you" sentiment from the same stamp set in Night of Navy inside the card.  I die cut the flourish from the Silver Glimmer Paper and adhered it to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  Finally, I used my two leftover stars inside, too adhering them with glue dots.  Sweet!



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment