Monday, October 24, 2016

A Little Christmas Cheer

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Where did the week go? It's been a whole week since I posted anything. Yikes! I've been crazy busy here--my twins are seniors in high school and we're in the midst of college application frenzy. Plus I'm working on a super-secret project that I can't reveal for a few weeks--but I'm stoked about it!!

I held the second session of my annual Christmas card-making class on Saturday. These get togethers are so fun! My friends make a stack of Christmas cards in August, September, October, and November and have 48 cards made before Thanksgiving. If that sounds like fun and you want to do it next year, contact me and I can add you to my list. If you're not local to me, I'll offer a long-distance version!

I've already shared the first two of the cards we made at our October session here and here, so today I'll share the third card. It's super cute--and so quick and easy. You could make a stack of these in no time flat!

I started by adhering two 4" x 2.5" pieces of  Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper directly onto an Emerald Envy card base. I added a 4" x 1.5" strip of Real Red Card Stock.  Next, I tousled 32" of Gold Metallic Thread and adhered it to the Real Red strip. That thread is such a bargain at $3 for 50 yards!!!

I stamped a sentiment from the "Tin of Tags" set in Emerald Envy onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I adhered this to a Real Red scalloped circle also cut with the Layering Circles. Then I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals....and done! I really like how quick this card is to make and that it shows that you can use the "Tin of Tags" set for more than just the "Tin of Tags Kit." You could stamp the "Special Delivery" sentiment from this kit onto the envelope for the card, too. Wouldn't that be clever?



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment