Monday, July 4, 2016

Oh Happy Day!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Happy Fourth of July! Today's card has a patriotic color scheme as I play along in the Pals Paper Arts challenge.

Pals Paper Arts PPA307

I just got the "Scenic Sayings" stamp set and A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack and I wanted to play with them. You have to play with your new toys, right?! I started with a 3"x 3" square of the DSP and stamped the sentiment in Real Red. I used my MISTI tool to ensure that I could stamp it a couple of times to get a nice, deep image.

Next, I cut a strip of Real Red Card Stock and embossed it with the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a just-wider strip of Pool Party Card Stock. I tied a length of Thick Whisper White Baker's Twine around the assembly before adhering it to a Night of Navy card base. Easy peasy! I love these bold, bright, patriotic colors!



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Very patriotic card, Kathy! Love your new toys, especially that nice big sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card - great layout and wonderful use of these colors. The MISTI is a great way to add that depth of color you achieved. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with my color challenge this week the Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete