Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Not Quite Christmas in July

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The color combination for this week's Fab Friday color challenge is perfect for a Christmas card. Believe me, I was headed down that path... and then things took a sharp turn!

A while back while I was perusing Pinterest for ideas on how to use the "Kinda Eclectic" stamp set, I found this awesome card made by Heidi Boos and pinned it to my "Ideas to CASE" board. I thought Heidi's card would look great in the Fab Friday colors and that I could turn it into a Christmas card.

I started by stamping the sunburst stamp in Cherry Cobbler onto a Very Vanilla panel. I added a row of dots in Garden Green, stamped off once. I stamped the larger butterfly in Cherry Cobbler and the smaller butterfly in Garden Green onto a Very Vanilla scrap. I punched them out with the Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly punches and adhered them to the card with a Glue Dot. 

I adhered the stamped panel to a Garden Green mat and then onto a Cherry Cobbler card base. I went looking for a good Christmas greeting, tried several, didn't like any of them, and gave up. So instead of a Christmas card, I used the sentiment from the "Kinda Eclectic" set and added it in Garden Green to the bottom of the design. 

I added three gold sequins for some much needed bling to finish the card. So that's my story! I might try this design again with a Christmas tree from the "Peaceful Pines" set and hope for a great sentiment in the Holiday catalog that will come out on September first!!!




Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty use of this set! I love the sunburst image, and the stacked butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how we go to stamp with one idea in mind and then for whatever reason the creative process veers in another direction and we come out with a lovely card just not the one we set out to make! This one is very lovely and I think the sentiment fits the feel of the card for sure! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! This set is a favorite of mine, I really should use it more!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete