Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Happy Birthday, Bro!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Well, it's a slight miracle here in Maryland:  I remembered my brother's birthday. I made him a card. And, wait for it, I got it in the mail before his actual birthday! Hallelujah! That almost never happens!

I wanted to make a bold and bright masculine card and I almost went with a tried and true "male" set like "Traveler." But then I remembered my "Marquee Messages" set hadn't been inked in a while and it would be the perfect set for a masculine card.

I started by stamping the main image from the set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White panel. I used the MISTI tool because I always have trouble getting a clean image on the first try with this large stamp. The MISTI allows me to re-ink the image over and over until I get a dark image. It truly is the most incredible stamping tool invented!!

Then I stamped the same image onto Watermelon Wonder Card Stock and again onto Pear Pizzazz Card Stock. I fussy cut the two images and adhered them onto the Whisper White panel. I colored in the "it's your" and the lines on the marquee with my Peekaboo Peach Stampin' Write Marker. 

I adhered this piece to a Basic Black mat and then onto a Pear Pizzazz card base. I think the black ink and black mat make the card bolder and more masculine, even though the colors are subtle.

For a finishing touch, I used the Gold Wink of Stella Pen to color in the dots on the arrow and the stars on the banner. PRO TIP: Remember to let the Wink of Stella dry completely...it takes a little while (ask me how I know).



Product List

Save

No comments:

Post a Comment