Thursday, July 14, 2016

Fiesta en Blanca! Ole!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm so much in love with the "Birthday Fiesta" stamp set and all the amazing coordinating products--from the matching Fiesta Time Framelits to the coordinating Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper and Festive Embossing Folder--I'm hooked! 

I was trolling around Pinterest to get some ideas on cards and I found one that I totally had to CASE (copy and steal everything) without any modification. I copied the outside as well as the sentiment inside. My card is a direct copy of this one by Dani Dziama. It's totally adorable, right??! Dani has tons of great ideas on her blog--you should definitely check it out!

For my card, I started by embossing a Whisper White panel using the Festive Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the llama in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I added his blanket in Melon Mambo and his reins in Emerald Envy. I colored the llama in Crumb Cake, using Blender Pens. I stamped the cactus in Emerald Envy onto a Whisper White scrap. I ran both pieces through the Big Shot with the matching Fiesta Time Framelits. I adhered these two pieces to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I used the Fiesta Time Framelits to cut the banner from a scrap of Thick Whisper White Card Stock before I stamped on them in Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Emerald Envy. These stamps are photopolymer, so you can see through them for good placement!

I cut a length of Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine and unraveled it so that I could tie on the tassels. (Dani--that's a brilliant idea!!) I adhered this banner to the card by placing a Stampin' Dimensional behind each of the flags. I snipped the banners so they'd align with the embossed mat.

Then, I cut a piece of Tempting Turquoise and a piece of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock with another Fiesta Time Framelit. I adhered these pieces to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Ai! Ai! Ai! I'm ready for a party fiesta!

I CASED Dani's card on the inside, too. I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo and the garland in Emerald Envy. I stamped the teeny flower in Pumpkin Pie onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with, you guessed it, the matching Fiesta Time Framelit. I adhered this to the card with a Glue Dot.



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! The Birthday Fiesta suite is just so much fun!! I'm so glad you liked my card! Yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete