Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Sad Goodbye

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   My family and I moved into our current house when I was 6 months pregnant with twins.  My twins will turn 17 next month.  I sometimes can't believe how quickly time flies. We are so fortunate to live in a place with wonderful neighbors. Next door to us is a man and his wife and the mother/mother-in-law. They are the friendliest, sweetest, salt of the earth people that you could ever hope to meet. We've been blessed to have them as neighbors...and friends.

The mother, "Miss Ruth" to my kids, was just the sweetest person of all. She loved my kids as if they were her own grandkids. It was always a treat to drive into our driveway and see Miss Ruth on her front porch and giving us a wave and a smile. She always invited us over for a visit. When the kids were small, we went over often, but they grew and it wasn't so easy to get them over there--and we were always busy running here and there to sports and school activities. Even still, Miss Ruth was always there with a smile and a wave and an invitation to come over "anytime."

Miss Ruth passed away last week. We're sure going to miss her smile and wave.

Here's the card I made for her daughter and son-in-law. I used four stamp sets on this simple card! (I was inspired by a similar card I saw on Pinterest.)

I stamped the flower stems from the "Wild About Flowers" set in Old Olive onto a Whisper White panel. I stamped the flower tops in Crushed Curry. I added this panel to a Rich Razzleberry mat and then, using Stampin' Dimensionals, onto a Thick Whisper White card base, cut lengthwise.

I stamped a small butterfly from the "Papillon Potpourri" set in Rich Razzleberry and punched it out with the Bitty Butterfly Punch. I folded the butterfly in half so that it would have some dimension and added it to the card with a Glue Dot.

Next, I stamped the sentiment and label from from the "Rose Wonder" set in Rich Razzleberry onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with the matching Rose Garden Thinlits. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Inside the card, I thought the sentiment from the "Heartfelt Sympathy" set was perfect. It's also stamped in Rich Razzleberry, but not pictured:  "Remembering the life of someone so special, and sending thoughts of sympathy and peace." Miss Ruth certainly was someone special and we'll miss her!



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment