Monday, June 20, 2016

Sweet Sugarplum Swap Fun

#stampinup   While I'm away on a business trip--to beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah, my Stampin' Up group, the Proverbial Stampers, is getting together for a new catalog gathering. I'm missing all the fun--but I was able to opt in for the "long distance" version since the party was going on while I was so far away from home. I can't wait to see what make-and-takes I get in the mail! Everything will be from the new catalog, so I'm extra anxious to see everything!


The Proverbial Stampers group also had a card-making contest and swap. We made 26 card fronts, one of which was entered into a design contest. While I don't think I've won anything with my design--my fellow teammates are pretty awesome artists--I'm also looking forward to see what great creations I'm going to receive in return. So many things to anticipate!!


For my swap card, I started with a Sweet Sugarplum card front, which I embossed with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder. I cut a strip of Playful Palette Designer Series Paper and backed it with a slightly wider strip of Emerald Envy Card Stock. I adhered this to the card.


Next, I stamped a badge from the "Badges and Banners" stamp sent in Sweet Sugarplum and punched it with the coordinating Best Badge Punch. I also punched a piece of Emerald Envy with the Duet Banner Punch. I adhered the banner behind the badge and added some swirled Basic Black Baker's Twine. I added this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.




No comments:

Post a Comment