Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Manly Birthday

#stampinup   This week's Create with Connie & Mary challenge is COLOR! Again, they've come up with an interesting combination that I would never have thought up myself! Color challenges inspire us to use those colors that we sometimes neglect. They really keep the creative juices flowing!

CCMC410


I started with a Crumb Cake card base--because that was the "safe" choice for me. I ran a Daffodil Delight panel through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Embossing folder. I love those big polka dots--I think they make the card  festive, which is what I want for a birthday card!

Next, I stamped the "happy" balloon from the "Celebrate Today" stamp set in Bermuda Bay onto a Whisper White piece. I stamped the solid balloon in Daffodil Delight onto a Whisper White piece, and then stamped the Bermuda Bay sprinkles on top of it. I cut out both of the balloons with the matching Balloon Framelit Dies.

For the sentiment, I stamped a banner and "birthday" from the "Thoughtful Banners" set in Crumb Cake onto a Crumb Cake scrap. I punched this out with the matching Duet Banner Punch. All the element are adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

This quick and fun card would be great for a manly birthday.



Product List

4 comments:

  1. Love all of the circle elements on your card and the addition of the punched banner to complete your sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I see circles." Okay, bad pun from the Sixth Sense movie years ago, but I do like your choice of elements on this fun birthday card! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us over at Create With Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner across the balloons...just adds to the celebration! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - love the balloons and the banner across them! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie & Mary this week.

    ReplyDelete