Thursday, May 19, 2016

Washi Stars

#stampinup   It's graduation time and I always have a list of graduates to send cards to. Our church does a graduation dinner every year to honor all the graduates. I remember the party they had for me way back in 1975 (can it be that long ago?!), so I like to make sure all our graduates get a card, at least!

I saw an awesome technique using washi tape on Mary Fish's blog and thought it would be perfect for a couple of graduation cards. I made both cards very quickly using Mary's technique.

For the first card, I applied all 5 types of the Cherry on Top Washi Tape (retiring) diagonally onto a Whisper White panel, wrapping the ends around to the back of the panel. Then I cut out a star shape using one of the Stars Framelits. I aligned this on top of a Bermuda Bay mat and cut out the same size star so that the Whisper White Thick Card Stock base would show through and I could stamp my sentiment from the "And Many More" set (retiring) in Bermuda Bay ink right onto the card base. Quick and cute--but wait! There's more!

I had the washi tape cut-out star left over to use on another card! For my second card, I stamped the sentiment from the "Pictogram Punches" set (retiring) in Bermuda Bay onto a Whisper White panel. I adhered the cut out washi tape star to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I put down a couple of strips of the Cucumber Crush washi tape onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (retiring). I adhered the star on top of the sentiment with a tiny piece of a Stampin' Dimensional. Another quick and easy card!



Here they are together. So cute and quick. Great cards for graduation!


REMEMBER: Stampin' Up retiring items are only available while supplies last or until  May 31, 2016, whichever comes first. So, if you see something you like, click on the image below and you'll be directed to my online store where you can pick up what you want. Also, fair warning: prices are going UP in the new catalog. Right now a package of 24 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock is $7.00. In the new catalog the same package will cost you $8.00 so you should stock up now!! Just sayin'!
 

Product List for the Celebrate card

Product List for the You're a Star card

No comments:

Post a Comment