Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Try, Try Again

#stampinup   Last week I played along in a color challenge on the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I wasn't particularly pleased with my card. The color combination was truly a challenge.  I kept thinking and thinking about the combination and realized I needed to add another neutral to the color combination and I think I have a new and improved card!

CCMC394

I really like the "Six-Sided Sampler" stamp set. I love the hexagon stamps in the various textures and I love to punch out the hexagons with the matching Hexagon Punch and scatter them on the card. I've started to think of them as very large sequins. Hah!

I stamped several of the floral hexagons in Wisteria Wonder and several in Melon Mambo. I wanted to have enough to play with the arrangement on my card. But before I arranged the hexagons, I started with the card base, mat, and panel.

I stamped a sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White panel. I adhered this to a Basic Black mat. I was going to tie on a length of Basic Black Baker's Twine when I remembered that there is some awesome Melon Mambo and Basic Black Baker's Twine in the Occasions catalog! Score! I wrapped a length around the assembly, but didn't tie on the bow quite yet. 

I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the panel to a Bermuda Bay card base--where I could relegate that strong color to the background and give it some separation with my neutral colors. Then I started playing with the punched hexagons to see where I thought they'd look best. Once I'd decided, I adhered them to the card with some more Stampin' Dimensionals.

Lastly, I tied a bow around the length of Baker's Twine, using just a drop of Fine-Tip Glue to keep it from being too top heavy and droopy. 

I'm glad I tried again, because I like this card so much better than the previous card!!



Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment