Sunday, March 6, 2016

Creation Station: All About Birthdays!


#stampinup   #creationstation   Welcome to the March edition of Creation Station. Our design team is featuring all the wonderful NEW birthday sets in the Occasions catalog.

I fell in love with the It's My Party suite on pages 4 and 5. I love all the coordinating products and the bright colors. I've got three great projects to share with you from this suite.

My first card uses the Confetti Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I've seen a lot of examples where stampers have sponged color onto the paper after embossing it, but I like this crisp, clean look. I backed the embossed panel with a Night of Navy mat and adhered it to a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I went a little off-kilter with the placement of the sentiment. I stamped the "make a wish" stamp from the "Party Wishes" stamp set in Melon Mambo onto a Whisper White scrap and punch it out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. I adhered this to a silver Metallic Foil Doily and onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

 
I stamped some of the balloons from the "Party Wishes" stamp set in Melon Mambo and some in Night of Navy and punched them all out with the balloon punch from the Party Punch Pack. I love these tiny punches! I adhered the balloons to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I drew the balloon strings free-hand with Melon Mambo and Night of Navy Stampin' Write Markers.

For my next card, I used some of the fabulous papers from the It's My Party 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper stack to make a split panel fold. I had to watch a tutorial to see how to make this fold because I couldn't figure out how the card opens. I thought it was hinged at the top and bottom, but I found out that it's only hinged at the top!! Duh.

I started with a 7-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of Mint Macaron card stock and scored it at 2" at one end to make the top hinge. Then I cut 4-1/4" x 2" piece of Mint Macaron that would serve as the bottom piece once the card is assembled. The DSP pieces are both 4" x 1-3/4" and they are adhered to Melon Mambo mats that measure 4-1/8" x 1-7/8". I tied a length of Melon Mambo Cotton Ribbon around the bottom panel.

For the inside of the card, I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" sheet of Whisper White. I stamped the "make a wish" stamp from the "Party Wishes" set directly onto this piece in Melon Mambo. 

The dimensions for the panel holding the top and bottom together are 2" x 3-1/4" Melon Mambo mat and 1-7/8" x 3-1/8" for the Whisper White piece. I stamped the cake in Mint Macaron onto the Whisper White piece and the candles in Crushed Curry. I adhered this piece to the top hinge and to the bottom piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.


To finish the card, I added a Melon Mambo star sequin and a row of round Melon Mambo Sequins from the Brights Sequins Assortment, using my favorite Fine-Tip Glue Pen.


For my final project I made a cute gift box that coordinates with my split panel card.

I cut an 8" x 8" piece of Mint Macaron Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper and used my Gift Box Punch Board to make a 2" square box. I cut a 1-1/2" x 11" piece of It's My Party DSP and scored it every 2" inches so it would wrap nicely around the box. I tied a length of each of the Melon Mambo/Basic Black and Mint Macaron/Basic Black Baker's Twine around the box. Love that there is so much twine in the two spools that come in this combo pack!

I stamped the sentiment from the "Party Wishes" stamp set onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Note Tag punch. I added some sprinkles from the "Awesomely Artistic" stamp set in Mint Macaron and added this to the box.  


I love the way the gift box and card coordinate. I think this makes an awesome gift set!


I hope you've enjoyed my projects. Please keep hopping around the Creation Station blog hop by using the "next" and "back" buttons below. I'm always inspired by our talented design team. I know you will be inspired, too!!




http://www.stampinglane.com/2016/03/creation-station-blog-hop-time-to.htmlhttp://stampinbythesea.com/bringing-birthdays-back


Product List for Party Wishes Card
Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker
Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker
[121074]
$3.50
Night Of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
Night Of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
[100069]
$3.50

Product List for the Party Card
Product List for the Gift Box

11 comments:

  1. Love your projects, Kathy! Really fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations, Kathy. I love your hand drawn balloon strings and another cute coordinated Gift Box and card. D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects! Love the sequins and colors! (Tryin' anonymous) Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what lovely coordinating projects. A super showcasing of these products. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 are super projects, Kathy! That middle card?! OMWord, Missy! I'm just not a true-blue fan of that paper collection & have struggled a bit with using it in classes ... but that project really shows it off at its best! Woohoooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You outdid yourself!! Wonderful, colorful ideas!! The sequins on the cake is my favorite, you are speaking my language!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, I'm having a senior moment. Hw did you attach the bottom piece of mint macron to your card base? I've only read this about a dozen times and it's not sinking in. Like I said a senior moment. HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was confused by that, too! The horizontal piece with the birthday cake attaches to the top flap and to the bottom piece. It's that horizontal piece that holds the bottom piece to the card. Does that make sense? If not, I can send you a picture (which speaks 1000 words).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your projects Kathy!! I have never made a panel/hinge/whatever that card is called! You've inspired me to try! Great stuff 😄

    ReplyDelete