Friday, February 12, 2016

Subtle Flowers

#stampinup    #saleabration2016   There are so many sweet stamp sets in the 2016 Sale-a-Bration brochure, but I think that the "Flowering Fields" set might be my favorite. I may have mentioned before that I don't like to color, but the images on the flowers in this set are small and don't require a lot of the "finesse" that makes really good coloring seem dimensional. The flowers in the "Flowering Fields" set can be colored with just a little splash of color.

My card is copied from a similar card I saw on the Song of My Heart Stampers blog. The original artist is "Lori" (I don't know her last name). Lori won the Song of My Heart Stampers swap with her card and you can certainly see why!! My card is a little different because I wanted to use a little more color and the Pool Party Glimmer Ribbon from the Occasions catalog.

I started with a 3-1/4" x 5-3/8" piece of Shimmery White Card Stock. I stamped three of the flowers from the "Flowering Fields" set in Basic Black Archival Ink. The Shimmery White Card Stock is perfect for water coloring! I used Blender Pens to pick up colors squeezed into the lid of So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, and Pear Pizzazz ink pads.

I added a quarter of a Tea Lace Paper Doily to the bottom of the Shimmery White piece before adhering it to a 3.5" x 4" piece of Pear Pizzazz Card Stock. I adhered this to a 3-3/4" x 4-1/4" piece of Lost Lagoon. I wrapped this all with a length of Pool Party Glimmer Ribbon. I adhered the assembly onto a Crumb Cake card base, cut lengthwise, using Stampin' Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets in the annual catalog--"Watercolor Wishes." You can only get this set in the all-inclusive "Watercolor Wishes Kit," which is an awesome kit in and of itself. I used Basic Black Archival Ink for the sentiment.

I'm loving this sweetly, subtle card and I'm grateful for the inspiration from Lori!!




Product List
102845s
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment