Monday, February 15, 2016

Manly, Yes, But I Like It, Too

#stampinup   Oh my gosh! Do you remember that Irish Spring commercial with the woman who sniffs the soap or did she sniff her man--that part I've blocked from my memory, and says, "Manly, yes, but I like it, too" in an Irish accent. You do? Well, you must have seen it on TV Land because you're certainly not old enough to have seen the original commercial!!

Today's card is a manly card, but I really like it. The Going Places suite in the Occasions catalog was the first group of amazing products that I was drawn to. I love the "Going Global" stamp set and the Going Places 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper Stack and the World Traveler Embossing Folder. I love the colors and designs--manly, yes, but...well, you get the picture!

I used the colors in the Going Places DSP to guide this card. I love how Stampin' Up products are so easy to coordinate. I started with a Delightful Dijon card base. I embossed a Lost Lagoon panel with the World Traveler Folder and adhered it to the card. Next, I cut a strip of Going Places DSP and adhered it along the bottom of the card. 

I cut 1/2" strips of Going Places DSP and Vellum Card Stock and flagged them with the Banner Punch. I cut a 1/2" strip of Very Vanilla Card Stock and stamped the "world's best dad" sentiment from the "Going Global" set in Mossy Meadow. I also flagged this piece with the Banner Punch. I adhered all three flags to the card.

Next, I stamped the compass from the set in Mossy Meadow onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch. I threaded a length of Linen Thread through the smallest Gold Basic Metal Button and tied a knot. I adhered this to the compass piece with a Glue Dot. I added the compass to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25
133519s
[133519]
$13.00

No comments:

Post a Comment