Monday, December 7, 2015

Winter Thank You Card

#stampinup   Well, it's my last month on the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew. I've enjoyed my time and I've been inspired to step up my game a bit to create and show inspiring projects.  Over the next 4 days, I'll be sharing my December projects with you.

For our holiday focused project, our challenge was to make a thank you card showcasing our favorite fun fold. I've always really like the joy fold card. Please click on the link to go to the SCS tutorial. It's a really easy fold and makes a great card.

I started with a couple of coordinating sheets of Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper. I love the Soft Sky and Mossy Meadow combination--plus the sheets I chose are winter scenes and are perfect for a winter thank you!

My card base is a 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" piece of Mossy Meadow card stock. I adhered two pieces of the Season of Cheer DSP according to the instructions in the tutorial. The inner card is a 3" x 8" piece of Soft Sky card stock. On the outside, I stamped a sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set in Mossy Meadow. I added the evergreen tree from the "Festival of Trees" stamp set in Mossy Meadow. On the inside, I stamped another evergreen and another sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" set. On both the inside and outside, I added a strip of Night of Navy striped Washi Tape from the Watercolor Wishes card kit--even after making ALL the cards in the kit, I have plenty of this great washi tape leftover!!

To hold the card closed, I stamped the same evergreen tree in Mossy Meadow onto a scrap of Mossy Meadow card stock and punched it out with the Tree Punch. I adhered the tree to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here's the outside of the card, closed. See how the Soft Sky piece tucks under the evergreen?

Here's the inside of the card.

If you want to make your own winter thank you cards, you can click on the items in the list below and you'll go straight to my online store. The Season of Cheer DSP is retiring in just a few short weeks, so get it before it sells out!
 

Product List
135859s
[135859]
$18.00

No comments:

Post a Comment