Monday, December 14, 2015

The Gift of Love, Peace & Happiness

#stampinup  I subscribe to Julie's (Davison) Stamping Spot because Julie has such creative ideas. I'm always finding ideas to CASE. Julie is an amazing paper-crafter! When I opened today's email, I saw a simple layout that was easy to CASE--and, glory be!--Julie is hosting a challenge! You know I'm a sucker for a challenge!


Pocket Sketch Challenge by Julie Davison www.juliedavison.com

I started out in a different direction, using different Christmas designer series paper, but before I got too far, I decided I didn't like it. So, I opted, instead, to use the gorgeous Winter Wonderland Specialty Series Paper and the Winter Wonderland Vellum Stack. 

I cut a Basic Black card base and a Whisper White panel. I cut a piece of Winter Wonderland Vellum the same size as the Whisper White panel and adhered it with some strategically placed Glue Dots. Then I added a 3" x 4-1/4" piece of Winter Wonderland Specialty Series Paper and wrapped a length of Gold Glitter Ribbon around. 

I stamped a sentiment from the "Versatile Christmas" set in Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and cut out the banner with the second largest Banner Framelit. 

To finish the design. I wound some Gold Metallic Thread around my fingers and adhered it to the card. I added a Basic Gold Button with a couple of Glue Dots. 

Here's a close up of the button and gold thread.

I think these papers and ribbons are so beautiful! I'm going to be sad when they retire soon!



Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

1 comment:

  1. I love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for participating in my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete