Monday, September 21, 2015

Christmas in September Part Two

#stampinup   Stampin' Up demonstrators who attended the #InspireCreateShare #Convention2015  this summer received the "Your Presents" stamp set from the Holiday Catalog in our convention bag. I've already shared a couple of cards made with this set--including the make and take project from convention. Stampin' Up also gave us an inspiration sheet with loads of other cards that could be made with the set. I fell in love with the Cucumber Crush and Pool Party card and decided I'd use it for one of the cards at the Christmas card stamp-a-stack session in September.

Here are the details for making the card. I started with a Cucumber Crush card base. Next, I cut a 3-7/8" square of Pool Party card stock and a 3-3/4" square of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the circle stamp from the "Your Presents" set in Pool Party on the bottom right of the Whisper White square. I added the ornament top in Smoky Slate. Then, I "eyeballed" (yep, that's a technical term) the ornament tops for the other three circles and stamped them in Smoky Slate, too.

I inked up the circle stamp again in Pool Party and "kissed" it onto the striped stamp and then stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White--two times, to get the "generation" effect.  I cleaned my stamp and then inked it one last time in Pool Party and "kissed" it onto the Christmas tree stamp that I inked with Cucumber Crush to get the two-tone effect. I added a Pool Party bow to the second generation ornament. I punched all three circles with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped "joy" in Cucumber Crush onto the first ornament and added some Rhinestones to two of the ornaments for some sparkle.

I added more sparkle to the card by cutting a 1-1/2" x 4" strip of Silver Glimmer Paper and flagging one end with the Banner Triple Punch. I cut a 12" piece of Garden Green 1/8" Striped Ribbon and layered that onto the card.

Here's how I put all the elements together. I adhered the Pool Party square onto the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added the Silver Glimmer Paper banner to next, also with Stampin' Dimensionals. I attached the loop of Garden Green 1/8" Striped Ribbon to the back of the Whisper White Square with a Dimemsional--because it's really hard to get anything to stick to the top of the Silver Glimmer Paper. Finally, I added the Whisper White element to the card with, you guessed it, Stampin' Dimensionals.

I love these non-traditional colors for a Christmas card. This card is so cute and sparkly!!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment