Thursday, August 20, 2015

Santa Sneak Peek

#stampinup   One of the fun things at a Stampin' Up event is called "Product Playground" where you can play with new products that haven't been released yet. At the #InspireCreateShare Stampin' Up #Convention2015, we got to play with some awesome stuff from the Home for Christmas product suite. This collection is so sweet and nostalgic. I know you're going to love it!!

The project was a tag, but I brought mine home and made it into a card! For the tag, we used two layers of the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper for the base. Next we stamped the sentiment in Old Olive from the "Cozy Christmas" stamp set onto a Very Vanilla panel.

We fussy cut a Santa from another sheet of the Home for Christmas DSP--this DSP is printed so that you can cut out the individual images of Santa, a cute little reindeer, poinsettias, and an old fashioned Christmas tree. What a great idea, Stampin' Up!! I mounted my Santa with Stampin' Dimensionals onto the Very Vanilla panel. 

Before I adhered the Very Vanilla Panel onto the DSP base, I took a length of the new Very Vanilla 1-1/4" Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon, folded it in half, and used the Handheld Stapler to attach it to the DSP base. I adhered the Very Vanilla panel to the DSP base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the tag, we added a Home For Christmas Designer Button tied with a length of Old Olive Baker's Twine. I've got to admit:  when I saw these buttons in the Holiday Mini Catalog, my first thought was, "Meh." But these buttons are totes adorbs IRL!!!

When I got home, I used a Very Vanilla card base and a Real Red mat that I embossed with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder to complete the card. So cute, right?!

Here's a detail of the tag and the super cute button. Don't Santa's eyes just sparkle?!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment