Friday, August 21, 2015

Lacy Birthday

#stampinup   One of my dearest friends, Tara, celebrates her birthday in August (and if I'm lucky, I'll get her card in the mail in her actual birthday month). She's an artist and I'm a little intimidated about the cards I make for her. I want her to appreciate my artwork. I just use a different medium. ;-)

I knew Tara would love the Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper as much as I do and I thought about coloring it as some have done. (Stay tuned next week for a card featuring this technique.) But, I am in love with the very vintage projects that one of my stampin' heroes, Lyssa Zwolanek, created for the #InspireCreateShare Stampin' Up #Convention2015, so I "borrowed" some design elements from Lyssa. You can see Lyssa's original cards here.

I started with a Basic Black card base that I embossed with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder. Next I adhered a strip of the lacy Timeless Elegance DSP sheet to a Pink Pirouette strip and adhered this to the card base. I laid a strip of Fast Fuse Adhesive and ruched some Pink Pirouette Seam Binding Ribbon onto it.

I stamped "happy birthday" from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Very Vanilla tag cut with the Chalk Talk Framelits. I punched a couple of flowers in Pink Pirouette from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack and used a glue dot to adhere them together and onto the tag. I popped on one of the gorgeous Metal Rimmed Pearls and adhered the tag to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

So, so pretty and elegant!!





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment