Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Congrats, Bobbi!

#stampinup   One of my wonderful coworkers just completed her Masters degree! I'm so proud of her. That's an accomplishment for anyone, but Bobbi has a husband, three young kids, a full time job, and a wicked commute. She sometimes stayed at work until midnight so that she could have some peace and quiet to get her readings and papers completed. And her wonderful husband took over dinner and bedtime duty in support of her studies. She's amazing!

I had "make a card for Bobbi" on my to-do list for too long, so tonight I sat down and got it done--also because today's the last day I can post an entry to this week's Fab Friday sketch challenge.



I knew I wanted to use the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper stack because the colors are so cheery--and so is Bobbi! So that set my color scheme.

I started with a Bermuda Bay card base and cut a piece of Cherry on Top DSP according to the sketch. I cut a Watermelon Wonder mat just a wee bit bigger than the DSP and adhered these together. Then I cut a Bermuda Bay panel according to the sketch and a Whisper White panel just a wee bit smaller than the Bermuda Bay panel.

I stamped the "congrats to you" sentiment from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Watermelon Wonder and added a Bermuda Bay swirly element from the same set at the bottom. I adhered the Whisper White panel to the Bermuda Bay panel and then onto the card.

Next, I added a 1" banner, flagged with the Banner Triple Punch. This DSP is the reverse side of the dotty DSP. Then, I flipped over a silver (you could use gold) Metallic Foil Doily and colored it with a Watermelon Wonder Stampin' Write Marker. I added a Whisper White button from the Neutrals Designer Buttons and a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine to complete the card.





Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

3 comments:

  1. SO much to love about this card! I really like your DSP choices - the dotty one is like my sleeper fave this year, lol. Great tip on coloring that doily, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday - and congratulate Bobbi for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card!! I love the Tin of Cards border!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! The colors are fun and I love the "doodle" stamp for the finishing touch! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete