Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Christmas in August #2

#stampinup  I held the first session of my annual Christmas card stamp-a-stack. We get together once a month in August, September, October, and November to create a stack of Christmas cards. I design 3 cards (or CASE somone else's wonderful card) and my guests make 4 of each card. They leave each session with 12 cards, and by the end, they have 48 hand-stamped cards ready to send--before Thanksgiving!

I CASEd this design by Australian stamper Alison Barclay. I loved it the moment I saw it because it uses the "Build A Birthday" set for a Christmas card, showing how versatile the set can be. I also loved the colors Alison used and the Lost Lagoon Striped Ribbon!

We started with a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. I cut Real Red, Crumb Cake, and Lost Lagoon layers. We wrapped these layers with a length of Lost Lagoon Striped Ribbon.

We stamped the sentiment from "Wondrous Wreath" in Real Red at the top of a Whisper White panel. Then we added two candles from the "Build a Birthday" set--one in Real Red and the other in Lost Lagoon. We topped the candles with a Hello Honey Flame. We added this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, we stamped some flowers from the "Petite Petals" stamp set in Real Red onto Whisper White scraps and punched them out with the Petite Petals punch. The flowers are added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, we tied a length of Lost Lagoon Striped Ribbon at the top of the card. Alison made a beautiful bow on her card, which I was unable to replicate.



Product List




No comments:

Post a Comment