Friday, July 10, 2015

You'll Be Missed

#stampinup  I'm so glad Stampin' Up came out with a set that can be used for retirements and for people heading out to new adventures. I thought these sentiments had been lacking in previous years. The "Wild About Flowers" set fills that bill, but, well, it's flowers, so it's not so masculine. But I'm a clever little stamper and I pulled out the "Traveler" set and got to work.

My card is based on a sketch at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 152. #stampinup #blogcandy #papercraftcrew

I started with a 1-1/2" x 4-1/4" strip of English Garden Designer series paper and mounted it onto a piece of Soft Suede. I added this to a Mossy Meadow card base. Next, I stamped the ship from the "Traveler" set in Night of Navy onto a Whisper White square that I'd cut with the Squares Framelits Collection. I mounted this on a Night of Navy square cut with the next size up framelit. I adhered this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the "You'll be missed" sentiment in Night of Navy on a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. I punched a scrap of Soft Suede with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and adhered these two elements to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stacked two Dimensionals on the right side of the circle element so that it would be level.

Finally, I punched three Night of Navy stars from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adhered them to the card with Glue Dots.

I think this will be a fine card for one of my male co-workers who is retiring soon...and he'll definitely be missed!


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, oh how I like everything about this card. From your masculine color scheme, to the happy retirement sentiment and that ship, it's perfect for bidding someone adieu! Thanks for joining us the Paper Craft Crew this week! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, Kathy! I love the Night of Navy and Mossy Meadow combination. The sentiment with the ship from Traveler works perfectly. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Wow... I really love your take on the sketch, the ship will be perfect for your co worker's retirement! Thanks for joining us at Paper Craft Crew :) Eva

    ReplyDelete