Thursday, July 23, 2015

Black & White with a POP of Red

#stampinup   I'm all about black and white and red. Ever since the 1980s, this has been my go-to color combination. I try to branch out to other colors, but something about black and white and a pop of red really speaks to me.

So, when I saw the opportunity to participate in the Black & White with a Pop of Color swap at the Stampin' Up convention, I jumped on it. I knew right away that I'd be ordering some wonderful Everyday Chic DSP for my design.

I stamped the I {heart} You sentiment from the "Pictogram Punches" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Whisper White panel. I used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to position it just so. I adhered this panel to a Basic Black card base.

Next, I cut a 1" strip of Everyday Chic DSP and adhered this to a 1-1/8" strip of Basic Black. I tied some Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon around the strip and adhered the strip to the card.

I punched a heart from Red Glimmer Paper with the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I adhered this to the {heart} on the stamped sentiment with a half Stampin' Dimensional.

Finally, I colored one of the hearts on the DSP with a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker. So cute!!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment