Thursday, June 11, 2015

Retirement in Pink

#stampinup  I was so excited to see the "Wild About Flowers" set in the new Stampin' Up catalog. Not only is it a great two-step floral set, but the sentiments are all about retirements and new adventures--a great addition to the Stampin' Up collection of stamps. When I saw this week's color challenge at the Can You CAS(e) It Challenge, I thought this set would work well. Black on pink would be a great silhouette. 

CYCI#73

I started with a Sahara Sand card base and added a Basic Black mat. I stamped the sentiment and the two-step flowers from the "Wild About Flowers" in Memento Tuxedo Black directly onto a Blushing Bride mat. I stamped "retirement" onto a 3/4" strip of Sahara Sand and flagged the end with the Banner Punch. I made another 3/4" banner to act as a shadow.

When I put everything together, the card just seemed "meh." It needed something. I got out the Updated Essentials templates and my Paper-Piercing Tool and pierced a design in two corners. Yep! That was just what the card needed to complete it.


Product List
133519s
[133519]
$13.00

No comments:

Post a Comment