Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lemon Meringue Thank You

#stampinup  The Watercooler Challenge colors this week are based on a photo of lemon meringue pie. I could NOT stop thinking about that pie as I was creating this card!!


I started with a Crumb Cake card base and added a Marina Mist mat. On top of that, I added a Whisper White panel that I'd embossed with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.

Next, I stamped the floral hexagons from the "Six-Sided Sampler" set in Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist and punched them all out with the Hexagon Punch. I lined four hexagons up along the left side of the card and attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the "thanks much" sentiment in Marina Mist right on top of one of the Daffodil Delight hexagons (and sighed a big sigh of relief that it turned out straight!). I attached this with Stampin' Dimensionals to the side of the row of hexagons.

Finally, I added a length of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon. I think these colors are yummy together...because I'm still thinking about that pie!!


Product List

3 comments:

  1. These floral hexaons are simply gorgeous. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, love the hexagon background embossing topped with those great floral hexagons. Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Kathy! I really love the hexagons on hexagons!

    ReplyDelete