Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Congrats, Jake!

There are several high school graduates in my life and, of course, I'm going to make each of them a card. This simple card took me. all. night. long. Well, it didn't start out simple. The first card I made turned out to be a hot mess. I hate that. I have an idea. I sit down to create and I just can't bring my vision to life. I spent a lot of time on the hot mess, but I don't think any of it is salvageable.

Take Two. Three. OK. Four.

I started with a Pacific Point card base. I added a Whisper White mat. I added another mat in Basic Gray that I embossed with the Stylish Stripes Embossing folder. So far so good.

I had a "Congrats Grad!" tag from one of my rejects that I'd made with the "B.Y.O.P" and "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp sets. Actually, it was the only part of Take Three that I could salvage by using the Note Tag Punch. I mounted the tag onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and I liked it. But it was a little too plain. 

I thought about adding some Silver Taffeta Ribbon or some Basic Rhinestones, but this card is for a dude and I didn't think he'd like that. Ugh. In my desperation, I started punching some Pacific Point stars with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack star punch and they landed randomly on the card. I liked it! (Hey Mikey!) I popped each star onto a glue dot and put them back on the card where they'd landed. I added a couple more stars to balance it out. 

Whew. One card down. Umpteen more to go.


Product List
126981s
Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
[126981]
$5.95
103683s
[103683]
$4.95

No comments:

Post a Comment