Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Best Dad Traveler

#stampinup  Father's Day is coming up soon. My kids like to give their Dad a card, but they aren't really into making a card for Dad. So, I end up making three cards! (Some years, I only make one and have them all sign it.) I already had two made and I needed one more--and this week's sketch at the Paper Craft Crew Challenges was just the ticket!

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 148. #stampinup #papercraftcrew

I started with a Basic Gray card base. Next I cut an Island Indigo mat and added a strip of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper. I added a length of Island Indigo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon and adhered this to my card base.

Next, I cut a 2" x 3" Whisper White piece and stamped the ship from the "Traveler" set in Island Indigo. I backed this with a 2-1/8" x 3-1/8" Basic Gray mat and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I stamped the "Best Dad Ever" sentiment in Basic Gray onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Word Window Punch. I adhered this to the card with one dimensional, cut in half. Finally, I punched a two flags with the Banner Punch--one in Island Indigo and the other in Basic Gray and adhered these to the card, under the ribbon, with a little Snail Adhesive.


Product List
126981s
Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
[126981]
$5.95
133519s
[133519]
$13.00

3 comments:

  1. I love the crisp, clean look of your card, Kathy! Thanks for joining the challenge at the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Card! I love this color combo! Thanks for playing along at PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clean lines and colours of this male card, just perfect Kathy. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete