Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A New Challenge!!

#stampinup  When I woke up and checked my email, I saw an invitation to like a new Facebook page and a new challenge blog: The Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge. Yay! I love a good challenge.

For the inaugural challenge, all we need to do is make a card with our favorite set. Well, since my favorite sets retired ("Cheerful Critters" and "Perfect Blend") and since I've only gotten a few of the stamps sets in the new catalog, I'm not sure I have a current favorite set. But I am sure that I will have a favorite set soon enough.

In the meantime, I used the "Choose Happiness" set because I haven't used it in a while. I like the line art and I like that you can make a clean and simple card or a vintage card or a collage-y card. It's quite versatile!

I started with the bird--I'd stamped him in Blackberry Bliss onto Crumb Cake and fussy cut him for another card a while back, but I never used him. I thought he'd look good on a Crumb Cake tag that I cut with the Scalloped Top Tag punch. I put him on a Mossy Meadow branch. I rounded the corner of the tag with the Project Life Corner punch and added a row of mini Basic Pearls. I tied a length of Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon onto the label.

I sponged a bit of Crumb Cake ink on a half Tea Doily and attached this to the back of the tag. Next, I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry onto a scrap of Crumb Cake and punched it out with the Bracket Label Punch.

I arranged these elements on a Rich Razzleberry mat and then added everything to a Mossy Meadow card base. And done!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I can't believe I don't own this stamp set! I may have to get it in my next order! Thanks so much for playing along at www.stampinkpaper.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I'm so glad you joined us. You're card is marelous darlin'.

    ReplyDelete