Monday, May 25, 2015

Card Parts Potpourri

#stampinup  I've been doing a bit of rearranging in my stamping room. I've been setting aside stuff that I'm going to sell at a scrapbook and stamping yard sale in the fall. I've been pulling out all the retiring items (boo!) and adding stuff from the new catalog (yay!). 

Plus, I've re-done the lighting in my room. I had an old 5-headed hydra light fixture that was great because I could swing the lights down to my cards to take picture of them. But it was so old, the plastic shields were melted and disintegrating. I got a new floor fixture with shelves and a single spotlight. I thought that would do the trick, but I was wrong! The floor fixture's light is very subdued and the spotlight is really bright. I've been getting funky shadows. 

So, I bought a matching floor fixture and another spotlight. But I had to rearrange some things (well, practically everything) in the room in order to fit the lights in next to my dresser/photo area. Things were going really well, until I realized that I couldn't pull out the drawer of the dresser once I'd move it a foot to the right. My Big Shot station was in the way. Ugh. I had to move some rolling carts and the Big Shot table. It was like one of those square puzzles with the one square missing. I had to give up one of my carts to fit everything in....and now I need to rearrange the stuff in the drawers in the carts. Most of the stuff is just junk that I want to get rid of, but that's a chore for another day.

Needless to say, after all that furniture assembling and moving, I was pretty tired. And my creative juices were all dried up. I stared at some online challenges, but none of them were calling my name. I picked up a few card parts from my desk and started playing round with them...and I surprised myself with what I came up with! The only "new" thing on this card is the Rose Red card base. Everything else was on my desk!!

I love it when a plan, or in this case, a potpourri of card parts, comes together!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment