Monday, April 27, 2015

Shadows in the Trees

#stampinup


I was looking for a quick and easy idea for a card because, as usual, my daily tasks have expanded and almost surpassed my allotted time. (Well, I could stay up later, but I really put a premium on getting to bed at a decent time every night. Yes, I do know that concept is sacrilege to stampers!!)

I remembered that one of my fave stampers, Patty Bennett, had done some awesome things with the "Adventure Bound" Designer Series Paper Stack. So, I hopped on over to Patty's Stamping Spot and lo and behold, several of Patty's downline members had created some awesome cards with this DSP stack!! I saw this one by Donna Demko and knew I just had to CASE (copy and share everything) it!! Donna has an awesome video on her site, if you want to see how the master created the card. Here's how I made mine.

Just like Donna, I started with a Sahara Sand card base, cut the long way. I added a Basic Black mat. I cut the DSP just a bit smaller than the Basic Black mat and another piece of Vellum the same size as the DSP.

Next I cut the mid-section of another piece of the DSP to be the focal point for the card. I backed that with a Basic Black mat and adhered it to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I used the "Thanks So Much" sentiment from the "B.Y.O.P" set. I inked the stamp with Versamark and then heat embossing with Black Embossing Powder. 

So amazingly gorgeous! Thanks so much for this fabulous idea, Donna!!


Product List
129053s
[129053]
$29.95

No comments:

Post a Comment